Make this refreshing Sattu ka sharbat and beat the heat this summer. Apart from being a refreshing drink sattu also has many health benefits. So do try it.
- Jau (Barley) 3 Cups
- Pani (Water) as required
- Gurr (Jaggery) ground 2-3 tbs or to taste
- Sattu 2-3 tbs
- Pani (Water) 1 Cup
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Kala namak (Black salt) 1 pinch
- Ice cubes
- In bowl,add barley,water,clean impurities,wash few times and strain well.
- Add water and soak for 4 hours,after soaking,strain well and let it dry completely on muslin cloth.
- In wok,add barley and dry roast on low flame until brown (18-20 minutes) and keep mixing continuously (wait for cracking sound).
- Let it cool down.
- In blender,add roasted barley and blend to make a fine powder and strain with the help of the strainer (use as barley porridge).
- Can be stored in airtight jar for up to 3 months (yields approx. 500 gms).
- In serving glass, add jaggery, sattu,water,lemon juice,black salt and mix thoroughly.
- Add ice cubes & serve!
Related Recipes: http://www.cookwithpassions.com/category/top-chefs-recipes/